Happy Fall from Moving Line Studio!
News in a nutshell (lots of news!):
1) Fall art classes for home schoolers
2) New 'Design Your Own Class' for home schooling families and co-ops
3) ‘No School’ Days Art Camp in October
4) Adult class
5) Drawing Class at the Benedictine Center
6) New branding and web site!
1) I am offering two six week group art classes for home schoolers this fall. Note: The first class starts very soon, so let me know as soon as possible whether you would like to sign up for this class. Thanks!
Here is the information:
Wednesdays 9:30 - 11am
September 30 - November 4
As Art Explorers, students will discover the basics of color such as the color wheel and color mixing but will also learn about the science and psychology of color. We’ll look at artwork by famous artists and have the opportunity to see their work first hand during a field trip to a local art museum.
Scratching an Etch (Exploring Etching)
Wednesdays 9:30 - 11am
November 18 - December 16 (no class Nov. 23)
Etching is a form a printmaking that involves scratching onto a surface. Students will get a chance to try out various types of etching techniques and materials.
Fee for group class (minimum 3 students):
$120 for six 90 minute classes
10% discount for sibling ($108 for six 90 min classes )
There is an additional fee of $10 for supplies.
2) I am offering a Design Your Own Class to home schooling families and co-ops. I will work with families and/or co-ops to create an art class that ties into their current curriculum. We could meet at my studio or I can come to your home or meeting place. Price will vary according to the size of the group, schedule and location.
3) ‘No School’ Days Art Camp!
October 15th & 16th
9:30 - 11am Ages 5 - 11
12:30 - 2pm Ages 12 - 18
$40 for 2 days, materials included
School’s out and Art Play is in! Ever wanted to climb inside a famous painting? Students will look at famous paintings, choose their favorite and create a ‘your face here’ cut out. It can be used for a Halloween costume and/or to impress people with your knowledge of art!
4) Complexities of Color
5 Thursdays, starting October 1 - 29th (Dates and time subject to change depending on interest and availability of students interested)
9:30 - 11am
$150 includes materials
Inspired by the students in my spring adult art classes, we will continue to explore the complex element of Color using acrylic paint on paper and canvas. We will look at color theory, examples of famous artwork, and do lots of experimenting. The class allows for much freedom to explore the subject as you wish.
5) Moving Line: Learning to Draw as Spiritual Practice
This is a workshop that I will be leading at the Benedictine Center which is part of St. Paul’s Monastery, Maplewood, MN.
Mondays, 7-9p, Nov. 2, 9, and 16
$90 includes materials
The Benedictine Center’s description:
One moves a line at the intersection of inspiration, technique and repetition. Learning to draw becomes a spiritual practice, then, as we learn to prayerfully attend to the invitation to move beyond our expectations and bring those inspirations to life. Join Lara Hanson, patient teacher and founder of Moving Line Art Studio, for a three-session drawing experience. Each evening will include a short talk, hands-on experience, as well as supportive conversation about whatever the Spirit leads participants to create. All levels of experience welcome. Materials provided.
6) I have some exciting news to share with you! My highly talented graphic designer brother Peet Fetsch and I have been busy working on a new branding and web site for Moving Line Studio. I am including the new logo in this mailing to give you an idea of what the branding look is like. The web site is still in process, so keep checking back for more updates. The address is www.movinglinestudio.com.
Hope to see you this fall!